Thursday, November 26, 2015

Where has the time gone? August, September, October....


In August we went to San Diego and had a blast as always. We were lucky enough to be able to attend Papa and Gma's 40th wedding anniversary party that Eileen, Trevor, Katie and Chad planned for them. It was an awesome night with an amazing slide show of the past 40 years together. Gavin had a blast dancing with Uncle Sean. We also visited Santa Barbara and saw Kim and Julie and Francis and the kids.  I had a chance to see Rosana and Nader and Nicole and cousin Charlie as well. Really great time to mark the end of summer.
Then we celebrated Gavin's 8th birthday! We did a low key party this year. We went camping as a family and then he took two of his friends rock climbing. They had a good time. I was proud of him for not complaining or wanting a larger party.
Then school started and I found out I was selected for the Military Officer's Association of America's Spousal Council. I also started and chair the Military Family Support Group at Gavin's School and was assigned the room parent duty at Gran't co-op preschool. The beginning of the year was busy. Trevor released a Coast Guard wide training course thats been getting rave reviews and Tegan learned how to jump!
Grant seems to be liking his new school. There are 3 guinea pigs, 3 doves, 1 bunny and a goldfish in his room! The assistant teacher's chicken "nugget" will come walk around in her diaper. hahaha Love this school. Trevor parent helped last Monday and Grant loved having him there.
Now that Gavin is 8 he is riding his bike around the neighborhood with his friends so we rarely see him unless they all come to our house to play. It reminds me of how we grew up running around the neighborhood. I am so thankful he has this community.
Tegan is taking gymnastics and music by HERSELF! She's always crashed all of Grant's classes so this is big time. She misses her brother though. She says "I want Grant Parra". It's always Grant Parra and Gavin is just Gavin. Everyone comments about how clearly she speaks and her full sentences. The other day she liked my necklace and said "I want to try that on." It was like I had a flash forward to when she is 5 and wanting to borrow my stuff.











Fiesta confetti eggs the kids favorite










Back in Alexandria - Hidden Pond Nature Center


Camping

CG spouses club Historians.

MOAA currently serving president's spousal council.

Where I leave the kids while getting my Starbucks.

First day of school at bus stop




Grant LOVES soccer. He asks constantly when he is going to soccer, when is his next game, is it time for soccer. I keep trying to tell him the season is over.

Grandma D and Papa Gary on their annual charity bike ride for MS. 


Grant's Preschool

At the end of October we flew to Atlanta to celebrate Mama Phyllis's 90th Birthday! 
On the way..

We had to trick or treat in Uncle Phil's neighborhood this year. The neighbors go all out but the driveways and hills made the kids give up early. We were Robin Hood theme. Gavin was robin, Grant was King Arthur, Tegan was Lady Mariam, Trevor was Friar Tuck and I was one of the poor villagers.

 Gavin had to get three staples in his head to close a nasty gash. This was after they removed them.

 Went in and taught Gavin's class about decomposition and compost bins. I even brought live worms for each group to observe.

Tegan getting a pedicure. She loves having her nails painted.

 Gavin's Electrical Engineering after school camp.



 Coast Guard Ball 2015


Gavin's school's largest fund raiser the Rock n Run. The PTA puts it on and they raised $72,000!


At the library this girl came up to Tegan and followed her around the whole time and then Tegan read her a book! haha


Two of the big events I chair Veteran's Day and Story Time Night are finally over. Whew. 


Here's one of the props for the Fair Tale room.

Literacy Event made a couple of the papers.


1 comment:

  1. I think you all need to stay in Alexandria!!!!! The kids love it and then you will be close to me FOREVER. ha.

    ReplyDelete