So we started off Mother's Day weekend on Friday by getting Gavin his Tdap immunization. The only nice way to say what happened was Gavin reacted STRONGLY to the shot! :-) I had to start about a month ago prepping him for the whole ordeal. It worked too. When we got to the office he went in calmly, set in the waiting room without worrying and even sat in the treatment room waiting for a long time without any complaints. BUT as soon as the nurses came in he lost it. Luckily we went to the zoo and got cotton candy afterwards and everything was better. :-) He even said he thought the nurses were nice and it wasn't that bad. He woke up Saturday morning with a really sore arm, red rash and a hot/hard spot where the shot was given and its still there! I guess that's better than whooping cough though.
Then Saturday Gavin and I attended the Mother Son dance at his school. It was so much fun. I hope to have more pictures when other moms upload them to the school website. I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera. They had a mechanical surfboard and Gavin was the only Pre-Schooler brave enough to do it. He stayed on 43 seconds and was the hit of the party. Everyone was clapping and cheering him on. He looked so small up there so it was a novelty for all the mom's with the "big" boys. They also had a Hawaiian dancing group come and perform.
Hope everyone had a great weekend as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment