Saturday, August 18, 2012

Grant Eric Parra

Grant came on July 24th at 9:31am! 


               Grant                       Gavin
Timing      39 weeks                 37.6 weeks
Labor     14hrs                        12hrs
Weight    8lbs 12.7oz               7lbs 9.5oz
Height     20 3/4in                     20in


Grant's labor was a lot tougher as I requested no pain medication and he was sunny side up so I had back labor. It turned out to be a great birth story. The midwives and nurses were so amazing and I am so happy I choose the smaller "neighborhood" hospital as opposed to the downtown hospital that has the NICU and 300 births a month. I ended up being the only laboring women on the floor for most of the time.

At 11 days old Grant had to be hospitalized for three days. He wasn't eating, had a fever, tender belly and was inconsolable. He had barely ever cried before this illness. The doctors think he had a stomach virus. Poor Grant endured an IV, spinal tap, xrays, ultrasound, and a catheter. He was a trooper though. I couldn't imagine going through this same thing when Gavin was the same age. Grant is definitely more laid back and not as sensitive. He's even fallen asleep by himself. That NEVER happened with Gavin. :-) Hopefully it sticks.

At his two week appointment he was 9lbs! Which was amazing given that he hadn't eaten for three days! The doctor was even surprised. He had grown in height as well to 21 1/2 inches.










Here's his ninja moves. Already learning from big brother.







Grant at 2 weeks

Gavin at 2 weeks








1 comment:

  1. I think Grant looks more like you! He is a cutie. Poor thing with a spinal tap. Glad he is ok...xoxo

    ReplyDelete