So the other day as Gavin and I were walking home from school we pass by an old CD rack that someone left on the sidewalk (which in Seattle means FREE). Trevor loves this phenomena and often recruits Gavin to go look at stuff sitting on the street in our hood. So as we pass by Gavin says "we need that". And I try for 10 minutes to talk him out of it and finally give in but warn him he has to carry it himself. Well he picks it up and puts it on his shoulders and walks the rest of the way home like this (3 blocks or so). It was soooooo funny. I wish I had thought to get a picture of him carrying it. People were turning around in their cars to watch. So we walk in and I am thinking this thing needs to go straight to the garage. Gavin's cleaning it up and messing around and all of a sudden he says..."look mom it can be a shoe rack!". And he was right! Its an awesome shoe rack. Perfect for the space and now I LOVE IT. Literally I have wanted a shoe rack for 2 years now as our dirty shoes pile up in front of the door and look horribly messy in a big heap.
YEA for the next generation getting the message of reduce, reuse! Which is more important that recycling.
No comments:
Post a Comment