Saturday, July 27, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!!

Grant Eric Parra turned one on the 24th! We went to Greensboro, NC to visit Mama Phyllis and my mom and Gary.

Grant is a funny funny boy. He loves to laugh, dance, listen to music and read books. And he really loves watching us cook. He always wants to stir the pot and add the spices and grill. He says Hot the whole time.
He will follow simple directions like bring me the book or bring this to dad. If he sees something furry and cute like kittens, puppies or especially bunnies he leans over and makes this high pitched mewing sound. Almost like adults do to babies. It is so funny. We have never used baby talk with him and it still cracks me up when I'm in a store like the grocery store and I'm asking him a question like "Hey Grant, what beer should we buy?" and people turn to see who I am talking to. haha

He points to Trevor in pictures and says Daaaa. And he calls Gavin Gaaaav (usually yelling it up the stairs). He makes the noise and raises his arm like a trunk when he sees an elephant (thanks to Aunt Eileen for teaching me how to make a true elephant noise). He can say Up and Hot. He loves to feed himself with the spoon (and he makes it most of the time). He's a pretty good sleeper. Up way too early though. He's been walking since 10 months and he's perfecting his running now. He's really smart about stairs. He knows to turn around and throw his leg over first. He gets off the higher chair in the living room the same way. I'm really perplexed by this because neither Trevor nor I worked with him on it. He just kind of knew already. He is tough too. The things that used to make Gavin wail don't phase him. He has to get really hurt to hear a cry. We get comments all the time from people about what a calm, easy baby he is. So God listened to our prayer because he knew Trevor nor I could take another "high needs" baby. :-) Hopefully the next one is the same way! I'm praying already. haha

Oh and I almost forgot Grant figured out how to blow on his birthday!!! So he blew out his candles all by himself! Its so CUTE. Now he walks around blowing on everything hot or if he sees a picture of a candle.

I'll have stats next week after doctors appt.

1 year 


1 week



Before we left for N.C. I made a cake and Grant was busy playing in the water and helping me stir. I turned around for a second and he had got in the Tupperware container like it was a small bath. Needless to say the kitchen was a disaster!
Party Time!! Thanks for the great party Grandma D and Papa Gary. 




Visiting the children's museum. 






 Mama Phyllis and Grant's expressions were priceless.

 8* year old mama playing swords! :-)

 4 generations if you count the one in the belly! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment