Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

Trevor attended Veteran's day at Gavin's school. They had a ceremony and the service members went to the kid's classrooms to talk about their branch. Trevor brought cookies for the kids and read them a story.



Gavin's track meet was Monday and he did a great job. He tied another boy for third place for Kindergarten and his time for the 1/2 mile was 5.02 minutes. Trevor said he got a little tired in the middle and he wished he'd been able to get down the track and spur him on.

We had parent-teacher conferences last week and we had an awesome report from Gavin's teacher. We also got the results back from the literacy and math assessments and Gavin scored an amazing 166 on his literacy test. They were hoping for kids to score 61! 167 is the score they hope for at the end of the year. He reads at a level 2 and his math skills surpass the end of the year assessment as well. So he will hopefully be challenged during the break out sessions the teacher does during literacy and math. We are very proud.

Grant is doing great as well. He is talking using more and more words every day. One new word is baby. And I still can't tell what he calls Gavin. It sounds a lot like Bro. haha He knows a lot of animal noises and follows along with hand signs to songs he knows. He's also gotten very good at hide and seek which caused a huge commotion at a store last week as I couldn't find him. And the skill that probably impresses the most people is his ability to cook. Really cook! He knows all the steps to french toast. Even spraying the pan with Pam, he can crack an egg in one hit (better than me) and he knows how to flip the bread and put Cinnamon in the egg. I really need Trevor to take a video. I hope he becomes a great cook like Trevor so he can cook dinner in a couple of years.

I'll post some pictures of the Coast Guard Ball as well. I am waiting for the professional ones we got as the phone ones aren't the greatest.


No comments:

Post a Comment