Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tegan Maeve's Birth Story!

Monday Nov 25th I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and I was 4 cm dilated. We went to Gavin's Thanksgiving Feast at school and then we visited Santa and it was awesome because there was NO line at all.



Yea! Katie came too visit!!! What a nice Aunt and Sissy!

 Had dinner at home with my Mom and Gary. All of a sudden my water broke! And it kept coming but no contractions. Called hospital around 8pm (trying to wait so I wouldn't be on the clock). They gave me 8hrs to come in. Slept some and tried to get labor going but nothing. So went in around 4:30am and they let me walk around. Started pitocin around 10:30am at lowest dose. Got to 5ml around 12:30 and contractions were strong. Checked and I was 7cm dilated about to go into transition. at 2:30pm the midwife came running into the room saying she was going to get a drink downstairs but she heard me all the way down the hall and wasn't sure if she had time. Trevor said yes but she had to hurry. haha Tegan was sunny side up but as I stood next to the bed with the contractions I felt her turn and she was born after two more contractions face down at 3:06pm. Crazy Stuff! Here's me one minute after birth thinking HOLY @$$&;! :-)


Tegan! 7lbs 11oz, 19.5 inches long. She had an apgar score of 9! Her first bath. Look at my nurses tats! She was really funny. I am so thankful and feel very blessed to have gotten Ms. Fark as my midwife and Mary as my nurse. They were VERY accommodating of my request to go natural and they were very lenient with the timing and with the monitors if the heart rate wasn't showing, with me changing positions and delivering in whatever position felt best. And of course the biggest thank you to my amazing husband Trevor who I couldn't have done it without. He is the best at keeping calm and massage. :-)


 Tegan's first visitors.



Proud dad!
 First night home.

Day 4! 




Trying to open her eyes.

Tegan is after a little girl Trevor and I met in Costa Rico and we have liked the name every since. Maeve is a combination of both Trevor and I's maternal great, great grandmothers. Ida May and Mary Eve.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! Congrats and I can't wait to meet her (and your boys. Ha.) xoxo

    ReplyDelete