Wednesday, November 20, 2013

School Literacy Event and Gavin's Kindergarten Pictures!

Gavin's Kindergarten School Picture. Now will never forget we were in Washington DC. :-)


Myself and another mom, Stacy, organized the first annual Story Telling event for Gavin's school. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be but Stacy and I were the perfect team. There are 900 kids at the school so we were a little worried about how many would show but we had a great turn out. About 150 kids came and had a blast. We had Mystery, Patriotic, Space and Fairy Tale themed reading rooms. The Vice Principle read in disguise in the Mystery room, we had Abe Lincoln (our school board Representative), an aerospace engineer in Space and real Sugar Plum Fairies and Cherry Blossom Princesses from the High School. We got some really nice Thank You's and the event will be featured in the local paper. We had to decorate all the classrooms with a budget of $200 and get cookies for the kids. :-)


Our Cherry Blossom Tree

Space decorations were the best.


The cards I made for the welcome table.


Getting closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment