Saturday, November 15, 2014

Story Time Night 2014

Whew the big literacy event I chair is over. And the Box Top contest is as well. I counted 18,000 box tops!!!! I'm happy the school is getting $1800 that would be in the trash otherwise. More contests coming so keep saving them for us.

We had a lot more kids this year for Story Time night. Around 200. We had some great readers....a historical interpreter and fifer from Mt. Vernon who came in full colonial dress, the owner of Music Together who was a professional musical storyteller that has preformed around the country before teaching music, our Vice Principle and our music teacher, Sugar Plum Fairies from the nutcracker and Ms. Senior VA!

Ms. Sniffin at the older student's Camp Fire Book Swap room. The older kids that didn't want to rotate to the themed rooms brought a book to swap and filled out book marks stating why they enjoyed their book. Ms. Sniffin also organized 18 5th and 6th grade volunteers! love her

PTA provided a bus to the event for some of the outlying neighborhoods

The student volunteers dressed per their theme. They truly outdid themselves!

 Fairy Tale room...can barely see the Sugar Plum Faries

Putting the grandparents to work as my fortune teller...
 Under the Sea room....
 VP dressed as the sea.

You can kind of see the coral reef my mom and I made out of egg cartons on the floor. The lava lamp is hiding too. With the lights out this room had great mood lighting.

Mystery room

 Patriotic room with the amazing storytellers. Commander Holmes is in the Coast Guard with Trevor.

 Space. Everyone loves Andy Kiddey. His wife is also a fellow Coast Guard member and he is an awesome story teller. He helped out last year.


Music Together teacher, Cheryl in Western room. She told an awesome story about Charles Russell. A famous artist that is the only artist to have a statue in the nations capital. He painted and sculpted western themes. She was really amazing.


They are suppose to do a write up in the paper so I'll post it here when I see it.

1 comment:

  1. You organized this? Looks amazing!!! Love that your mom and Gary were there ;) Such good Grandparents! They must love having you only one state away!

    ReplyDelete