Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tegan 11 months....only a week and half till BIG 01!!!

I have fallen way behind on the monthly postings for Tegan. I want to write it down because it is so easy to forget. She has been standing on her own for a while but is too cautious to take steps. She has good balance going from standing to squats steadily. Then all of a sudden she just started walking. Now if you are paying attention and you say ANYTHING to her...like "go Tegan" or "T is walking" or "look at Teigs" she quickly sits down and then slides to her belly to cry. Already imitating a very good temper tantrum, luckily minus the wails. She does not like to fall. Even when we know it didn't hurt, she cries. She also has found the stairs and can make it up very quickly. And she will hold her feet up when I pull out her shoes trying to help me put them on.
She already knows how to blow out a candle so shes ready for the big day.
What Trevor and I have noticed (and other's that are around her for an extended period) is that she is very good at imitating words and noises. She can say brother and other two syllable words very clearly. She is copying us but its uncanny when she says a word so clearly. She does point and know dog, ga for Gavin, mom, dad, hot... Her squeal and smile when she sees a dog or cat (real or stuffed) is great. No one can resist smiling when she does it. She gets so excited.

She likes music and to dance and is good at clapping her hands. A month or two ago she figured out how to wave and then would not stop. She would wave at anyone passing by. Big bad dudes would feel the need to wave back. It was so funny. Oh and she loves the water (bath, ocean, sink, puddle...). If I have a cup of water she inevitably will find a way to stick her hand in it to splash around.

Shes not the best eater. Still no pacifier or bottle. I am interested to see how much she weighs. She still feels little to me but its probably because Grant is so heavy. She has learned how to hit from Grant who knocks her hand away from everything. So she thinks its really funny to slap you in the face when you least expect it. Or the worst is pinching...she loves to pinch and it HURTS! She gets Trevor and I's necks and it is so strong its hard to pull her off. She also has 4 teeth now. The front 4 are all in or coming in.

This isn't the best of Tegan walking but you get the idea. I'm actually so surprised she could walk on our slippery floor in her tights. I can barely walk on that floor without slipping in my socks. :)

Tegan riding the horse. She's making the clicking noise Trevor and I always make when we talk about riding a horse. :) It's actually the noise Grant makes too when he wants to talk about a horse. I guess I do it a lot. ha

No comments:

Post a Comment