Monday, January 23, 2012

Medieval Knights in the park!

So Seattle is a lot like San Francisco...you never know what you might run across in the parks...we have seen a meeting/photo shoot of Harry Potter fanatics, a group of people dressed up as Asian Cartoon Characters (it was a club...I asked), tightrope walkers and then the best thing by far is a group of guys and girls that are part of the Medieval Pursuits organization (they have flyer's and wars and everything...) The head honcho let Gavin use his Mace (for people who are not up on their medieval weaponry this is a spiky ball at the end of a chain attached to a stick that you can swing around) Gavin of course knows a Mace by its proper name because he is obsessed with weapons of any kind and Hawkman is one of his favorite superheros. Yes I worry a little about this! :-)
Here is a picture of the Knights battling it out. I wish I had gotten closer but honestly I was a little afraid these people might not like getting their pictures taken. They were REALLY serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment