Sunday, December 5, 2010

December and it's 90 degrees!

This weekend was action packed. Thursday we all went paddling with our friend Emily out in our front yard. Yes life is tough sometimes. :-) I have got to get a picture of Gavin paddling.

On Friday Gavin and I decided to brave the dogs and run down the coast road. I am pleased to say we only saw one dog on the other side of the road and it stayed away. Maybe it was Gavin's superman costume? (or the huge red stroller?) Gavin loves dressing up in all his costumes so we have made quite a few appearances as Captain Hook, a knight and superman at the local grocery stores. Which I might add we were soooo excited this week to have fresh romaine and red leaf lettuce! That is a very rare occasion indeed.

Saturday we went back to sliding rock. It was as pristine as last time but this time we had the added adventure of a rain storm so hiking back was VERY slippery. Gavin and I came away with a couple of scrapes but considering some of the climbing you have to do we are lucky we didn't break anything. Then Saturday night we had our first Gavin free dinner here in Samoa. Our friends had a dinner party and had the kids (all boys) stay over at the next door neighbors with a sitter named "MA". Pretty funny. He did great. We picked him up around 10:30pm and he was passed out on the couch.





Gavin Snorkeling

The coral is amazing!

Cooked crab!




Oh almost forgot to add this week we all went to go get our flu shots at the primary care facility. I was already a little leery after I asked if it was the 2010 shot that included H1N1 and none of the nurses could tell me and finally they were like "sure". Then Gavin and I backed out for good after we saw Trevor get his. The nurse not only pulled the vaccine out of an unrefrigerated drawer in the receptionist desk but that is where they gave Trevor the shot right then and there. haha Hopefully he will be okay.

1 comment: